Saturday, October 31, 2020

About this Blog

My name is William, but people know me better as BJ (Bill John). I have created this blog as my personal learning environment (PLE) for the Post University Graduate Certificate in Learning Design and Technology. I will be making regular posts in this blog during my studies here at Post, for each of the  courses I am taking in this program.

Some background information about me:  

​I hold a masters in organizational leadership, a bachelor’s in human services, and an associates in business administration with a focus on non-profit leadership. As a leader, I value the relationships and connections that we foster among ourselves. As a scholar, I have always had a profound interest in humanities and what makes “us” “tick”. As a result, my education has been focused strongly on leadership and the humanities. 

I’m 35 years old, I have a deep passion for leadership, and helping people grow – nothing is truly more rewarding than watching someone grow into their potential. I work at Goodwin University in Online Studies. My title is “Instructional Technology and Data Support Developer”. 

I value data, and believe strongly in the importance of data-driven decision-making. With a title like mine, you can imagine that most of what I do involves data! I’m involved in academic assessment, metrics analysis – from creation to implementation – and everything in between! I also do some instructional design (ID) work to assist our instructional designer at Goodwin. I’m a huge technology enthusiast and spend much of my free time tinkering with computers; I consider it a fun and enjoyful pastime hobby. 

Why this program? It really became a no-brainer for me these past few years. My love for empowerment, leadership, and technology all intersect at instructional design. I get the best of all my worlds and passions with this profession. I wish to move my career further in the field of instructional design, and with this certificate I will be empowered to do just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share